ALL VOTERS MUST BE REGISTERED WITH THE BOARD OF ELECTIONS BEFORE OCT. 5, 2020 IN ORDER TO BE ELIGIBLE TO VOTE IN THE NOV. 3 2020 ELECTION. Springfield High School will be hosting a drive thru voter registration on Thursday September 17, 2020 from 10am-1pm.
VOTING LOCATION: PLEASE NOTE THAT THE IN-PERSON VOTING LOCATION FOR SPRINGFIELD PRESCIENT #1 HAS BEEN CHANGED TO 8131 AIRPORT HIGHWAY AT PROVIDENCE LUTHERAN CHURCH. ALL VILLAGE RESIDENTS MAY IN-PERSON VOTE AT THIS POLLING PLACE. SOCIAL DISTANCING AND FACE COVERINGS WILL BE REQUIRED.
ABSENTEE BALLOTS: YOU MAY RECEIVE MORE THAN ONE APPLICATION FOR ABSENTEE BALLOTS IN THE MAIL. IF YOU WISH TO VOTE BY ABSENTEE BALLOT, RETURN ONLY ONE APPLICATION TO THE LUCAS COUNTY BOARD OF ELECTIONS. THEY WILL IN TURN MAIL YOU THE ACTUAL ABSENTEE BALLOT AT THE APPROPRIATE TIME.
EARLY VOTING: EARLY IN-PERSON VOTING BEGINS OCTOBER 6, 2020. Click here to link to the Lucas County Board of Elections Early Voting Information.
BALLOT ISSUES PERTAINING TO THE VILLAGE: VILLAGE RESIDENTS WILL HAVE THE OPPORTUNITY TO APPROVE OR DISAPPROVE PROPOSED AMENDMENTS TO THE VILLAGE CHARTER. THE ACTUAL LANGUAGE THAT WILL APPEAR ON THE BALLOT IS BELOW:
PROPOSED CHARTER AMENDMENT
VILLAGE OF HOLLAND
A majority affirmative vote is necessary for passage.
PROPOSED CHARTER AMENDMENTS TO THE VILLAGE OF HOLLAND REGARDING PUBLICATION OF ORDINANCES, RESOLUTIONS AND NOTICES, NOMINATIONS, ELECTIONS AND RESIDENCY REQUIREMENTS.
- Article III, Section 3.02 of the Charter be amended to change residency requirements for members and candidates for membership of Village Council from two years to one year.
- Article III, Section 3.12 of the Charter be amended to change posting requirements to allow publication of ordinances, resolutions, and notices on the village website, and eliminate the requirement that such be posted at three public locations within the Village.
- Article IV, Section 4.02 of the Charter be amended to change residency requirement for mayor of the Village from two years to one year.
- Article VIII of the Charter be amended to eliminate primary elections and establish an effective date of such change beginning January 2, 2021.
- Article XIII, Section 13.03 be amended to remove residency requirements for village employees.
Shall Ordinance No. 15-2020 proposing to amend the charter reported by the Council of the Village of Holland be adopted? YES NO